Putting A Project Together
- Evaluate your Situation and Space / House.
Determine the Scope of Work...What are your "wants" vs. your needs.
- Will you need to move out during construction? If you are renovating your only Bathroom or gutting out your entire Kitchen, it is probably wise.
- Decide what your budget is, then and add 15-20%. Where will you get the funding for your project? Home equity loan, Construction loan, Second mortgage? There are pros and cons to each, be sure to do your research.
- Do you need an Architect or Architectural Designer, Kitchen and/or Bath Designer, or none?
- Have plans and detailed specifications made.
- Call in the professionals to evaluate the situation, and Remember to include the Plumber, Heating Contractor and Electrician very early on in the process!
- Check with your Town for their rules and regulations regarding building and/or remodeling - you don't want to run into any problems after you have started.
- Check out Consolidated Plumbing and Heating, Inc.'s
recommended Products, Tradesmen